No, this really isn't our laundry, ours is worse! Not really, but by the time the weekend comes, I feel like the dirty clothes are like this. Once it gets this bad, I usually lose interest and don't even want to think about doing it at all!
So, I used to feel bad when laundry would pile up and we would have to wear ugly clothes that we hate and are uncomfortable in. It was a vicious cycle... until I went to Ross and saved our marriage and got cute stuff to make me WANT to do laundry.
First, whatever the dirty clothes go into must be liked LOVED!
Once that is done, and full, I go to the laundry room and smile. I used to use liquid detergent, but I saw something on another blog and got a huge glass jar from Wal Mart and it made me so happy... it's the little things, right?
I absolutely LOVE these two things in my laundry room! It makes me so giddy to see my jar full of detergent and my pretty basket holding my dryer sheets. So much better than a ghetto jug of detergent and a busted up box of dryer sheets. It is pure bliss!
Another thing I love about the laundry room is the little storage thing in between the washer and dryer. Coy got it as a surprise when he picked up the dryer. I usually do not like surprises, but this was a great one. It has three drawers, a small, and two large. The bottom drawers hold Clorox, Spray 'N Wash, cleaning supplies, and lots of goodies. The top drawer is where I keep MY stash of tools, screws, nails, and change I find in the wash.

Laundry can be a dirty, nasty thing that most people don't like, just take some time, a little bit of money, and make it something you enjoy. Remember, it all comes out in the wash!
P.S. I added this to Traci's blog, go check out other laundry rooms as well!





I like the storage between the W&D. I do agree that even little things can make a difference. I cannot always find the time or money for the major renos, but even simple changes are uplifting!
ReplyDeleteI love the storage between the two. I don't have the room but that would come in handy!
ReplyDeleteNew follower and I hope you can stop over and see that I linked up also! Go over to Beneath my Heart to find me!
Megan
I love this Ari! Very good idea, and I love the laundry detergent in the jar!
ReplyDeleteI love the black and white. They are my favorite colors to decorate with. These two colors are all through out my house; in fact I am painting all the woodwork and doors in my house black. These first pictures are what my laundry room looked like this morning, LOL. Great job love it!
ReplyDeleteI love your jar of detergent and I want one of those storage thingies. I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday through Saturday and would love for you to join the party if you get the chance.
ReplyDeleteI love your black and white accessories! Your laundry soap looks so cute in that jar.
ReplyDeleteLovely! If I might ask: do you recall where your hubby got the storage "thingy" in the middle? That is exactly what my poor Laundry Room needs! Please stop by and say hi when you can! :)
ReplyDeleteI've got a glass jar for my detergent, too, and I LOVE it! It's a little touch of beauty and motivates me!!! :)
ReplyDelete