Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Alli

February 5 is one of my sisters birthdays! Allison will be 21 tomorrow. She is one of my favorite people. She will make you laugh without even trying. She is sweet to anyone she meets. She is always smiling, unless things are not going her way. She is super smart. She is a Christian and someone I love to be around. She is a junior at Clemson and I get really excited when she comes home to visit.

She is almost 5 years younger than me and growing up, she was my best friend. We had so much fun together (mainly because everything went my way because I am the older sister)! She is engaged and will get married next year. Her fiance is a pretty good guy, too (and one of my most devoted readers)!

I looked through Mama's house the other day and got some of my most favorite pictures of her.

The first is a picture of her from Vacation Bible School in 1992.


She was 2 in this picture as well. I think she was precious.

This was us at the beach one spring. I am loving our jackets. I think my shorts are better. The early 90's were so awesome.


Here is another one at the beach in the spring. I think our Mama liked putting us in awkward looking outfits and taking pictures at the beach. 


This was a picture from her 11th birthday, I think. The candles are grouped too closely to count, so I had to go down memory lane for her hair-dos. This was one of the sweet ones! HA!


This was the Halloween the WHOLE family dressed as M&M's. I really wish I could have found a picture of the 5 of us in our outfits. 


This is more recent, a few summers ago. So tan!


This is us with Abby, the baby, after a recital last spring.


That was a fun trip down memory lane!

Alli,

Thanks for bringing so much fun into my life these past 21 years. I can't believe you are this old. I really have enjoyed watching you grow up. You were the person I learned everything with, good and bad. I have no clue what my life would be like without you. Each of these pictures is a vivid reminder of how much we have been through and what you truly mean to me. I became a nurturing and loving sister the day you were born. You are so beautiful in so many ways. I am beyond proud to call you my sister and friend. I can't wait to see where God takes you in the next 21 years and look back through all the memories.

Love,

Ari

1 comment: