Friday, February 18, 2011

Breaking and Entering

So, one night recently, we decided to go out to dinner. I had gotten off work and come home and laid down for a quick nap. Once I got up, we were starving and wanted to get to the restaurant quickly. I got my shoes on, Coy got a vest on, and we were on our way.

Until we realized that we did not have our KEYS! I was furious! I had a rough day at work, Coy was hungry, and I was withering away by the minute. Thankfully I had a cute table to sit at while Coy figured out what to do.


We have three keys to our house, our 2 and my Mama has a spare. Mama and Daddy were out of town that night, so there was no way we were getting in without a fight.

Since there were basically no tools outside, Coy had to get our garden tools and a hammer in the bed of his truck. (Thank GOD he keeps one in the bed!)

Breaking into a house really is not that hard.

Exhibit A:






This was used to pry back the door jam... can you catch my enthusiasm about what was going on?!?

Exhibit B:


Exhibit C:


Once he removed the door jam, we had to pry my precious door open.

Before:




After:



We finally got back in the house, really after only 30 minutes. We got our keys and went to dinner. It was really funny talking about it the next day and I know it is something we will laugh about the rest of our lives. That night, though, it was a touchy subject!

No comments:

Post a Comment